The Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 1E occurs when there is a problem that is preventing the dishwasher from properly draining the water and soap from the dishwasher.
The Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 1E indicates the Clogged Filter Error. A Clogged Filter Error (1E) is a common error that occurs in Samsung dishwashers. This notification means the fine filter at the bottom of your dishwasher is dirty and needs to be cleaned. The filter will not function if it is dirty, so cleaning it should be done monthly for better washing performance. If you’re having trouble finding out how to clean this specific type of filter, then consult our guide below!
How To Fix Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 1E / IE
To fix this issue, first, unplug the power cord to ensure safety. Next, remove the bottom cover from your dishwasher and clean out any debris that may be clogging up the filter with a vacuum cleaner or a wet cloth. Let’s look at these steps one by one.
- Open the Samsung Dishwasher’s door.
- Look at the bottom of the dishwasher and locate the filter assembly.
- To get access to the compartment door, Carefully turn the handle of the filter from right to left (counterclockwise).
- Now remove the filter door.
- Remove the micro-filter.
- Rinse the filter under the running water and clean it and remove as much debris as you can.
- Place the filter back to the dishwasher.
- To lock the door of the filter, twist it right to the left.
If an electronic control module isn’t working properly, you should contact an electronics professional. A technician can test out the module and determine the cause of the malfunction.
Hi there! I’m Sam Hendricks, and I’m a repair technician and expert. I created this website to help people like you save money and time by fixing your own appliances.
Over the years, I’ve seen people spend a lot of money on unnecessary repairs or replacements. That’s why I decided to share my expertise and create easy-to-follow guides for fixing appliances on your own.