The Bosch dishwasher is a popular brand of dishwashers, and they have different models for various needs in homes. Bosch dishwashers are great because they provide high-quality performance with many features that make your life easier.
However, Bosch dishwashers can sometimes run into problems, such as the Bosch Dishwasher E17 Error Code. If you notice this error code on your Bosch dishwasher, it most likely means that there is too much water in the machine’s sump area, and the float chamber has activated to stop the flow of water pouring out onto your floor!
To fix this problem, all you need to do is inspect the tube from inside the float chamber for any obstructions or grease build-up.
How To Fix Bosch Dishwasher E17 Error Code
If your Bosch dishwasher displays an E17 error code, it’s usually related to a high water level in the machine.
If you’re seeing Bosch dishwasher error code E17, it’s most likely due to water overflowing inside the machine. To fix it, make sure that you close your Bosch dishwasher door properly and check the water level.
When water exceeds the sump level in your machine, a float valve rises, triggering a pump to expel excess water. If your dishwasher has begun overflowing with water, follow these steps:
- Check that the pipe leading from the sump is clear of any obstruction.
- Clean all the parts of the sump and float chamber.
- If the problem persists even after you’ve made those adjustments, then chances are your float switch is faulty. In this case, you’ll need to replace it with a new one — also remember to check whether the wiring is securely attached to ensure that it doesn’t cause the problem either.
How to Replace Float Switch Assembly
- Turn off the Bosch dishwasher power supply.
- Close Bosch dishwasher water valve under the sink.
- Remove Bosch dishwasher lower kickplate panel and locate float switch assembly in the bottom center of Bosch dishwashers, below the spray arm.
- Unscrew bolts from float switch assembly using an adjustable wrench to remove them from the Bosch dishwasher.
- Disconnect actuator lever switch connected to float assembly by lifting up on it with your hands.
- Remove the old part and replace it with a new one, ensuring that you reconnect the actuator lever before replacing all screws and putting back panels together again, making sure everything is tight-fitting for safe operation.
In most cases, Replacing the old float switch with a new one will fix the Bosch Dishwasher E17 Error Code.
You might notice the Bosch dishwasher E17 error code if your machine has too much water in it and activates the flood function. You may not be aware of this problem or how to fix it, but our team is here for you!
We can help diagnose what’s wrong with your Bosch dishwasher and find a solution quickly so that no one gets flooded out again. Do you have any questions about these steps? Reach out to us today.