Do you ever get the Bosch Dishwasher E25 error code? Bosch dishwashers are great, but they can’t work properly, if there is an issue with the drain pump. Bosch Dishwasher E25 error code indicates that there is a problem, and it needs to be addressed quickly.
This blog post will provide some helpful tips for troubleshooting Bosch Dishwasher E25 error code problems, so you don’t have to worry about draining your Bosch dishwasher again.
What Does The Bosch Dishwasher E25 Error Code Mean?
If you see the E25 error code on your dishwasher display, that means there is a problem with the drain pump. The pump might be clogged or broken, which can reduce your dishwasher’s performance.
A drain pump failure is the most common reason for an E25 error code, which means your dishwasher isn’t draining at all. However, there are other reasons why your dishwasher won’t drain.
To avoid the Bosch Dishwasher E25 error code, you can take the following steps:
- Run an empty cycle
- Use Bosch Dishwasher Check and Clean Cycle to clean the drain pump
- Ensure nothing is blocking the water inlet valve or outlet hose
- Replace Bosch Drain Pump Kit if necessary.
What Causes The Bosch Dishwasher E25 Error Code?
A problem with the drain pump causes the Bosch Dishwasher E25 error code. The Bosch dishwasher cannot be emptied properly because of clogged or broken parts in the Bosch dishwasher’s drainage system, which can be quite costly and dangerous if it causes mold or mildew on dishes. If you are experiencing a Bosch dishwasher E25 error code, Bosch recommends that you contact Bosch Customer Service.
Loose Impeller Cover
The Bosch dishwasher uses a unique drain pump system with an impeller, a pump wheel that spins. This action circulates water in the correct direction, directing it towards the drain pipe and out of the machine. The drain pump is located on the right-hand side of the dishwasher, just beneath the bottom sprayer.
Without the impeller, water would not drain out of the basin. It’s an essential part of the dishwasher, which is why it’s kept behind a locked cover. To keep your machine functioning correctly, the impeller cover must be properly seated and locked into place.
When you see the Bosch dishwasher E25 error code, it means that your drain pump impeller cover is not properly locked into place. When you remove the cover, it should be completely free to spin. If it’s jammed with food or other debris, your dishwasher will display this error code.
A loose impeller cover could let too much water into the pump, overloading it and causing it to overwork itself.
Be sure the impeller is free and that there’s no damage, food bits, or foreign objects. If you find something, remove it carefully. Once the impeller is clear, make sure it’s exactly where it should be seated and locked into place firmly.
Clogged Air Gap
An air gap is a piece of piping that’s installed in kitchens to prevent contaminated water from entering the dishwasher. This part prevents sewage backflow and helps maintain safe, sanitary conditions in your kitchen.
Many fixtures and appliances have a backflow prevention feature to keep dirty water from contaminating clean water. This is critical for sinks, showers, dishwashers, cooking appliances, and many other items.
This plumbing fixture has a backflow prevention mechanism built into the faucet. It creates an air gap to separate the clean water from the dirty water.
If your air gap is clogged, it will not work properly. You can identify a clogged air gap by looking at the pump itself or checking the discharge condition. The air gap should emit clean water, similar to that from a sink. If the discharge is discolored or foamy, the device has a problem and needs maintenance.
If you have an air gap, you need to clean it. Period. This is what prevents your dishwasher from leaking — if you don’t clean the air gap, this could lead to a situation where it’s not draining at all. Dirty air gaps can also cause the Bosch dishwasher E25 Error Code. If any of this were to happen, the air gap would not be able to work correctly.
To maintain the Bosch dishwasher’s effectiveness, be sure that your air gaps are free from dirt and debris by using Bosch Dishwasher Cleaner or running an alternating cycle with Bosch’s Check and Clean Cycle at low temperature (40°C) for five minutes each time.
Jammed Drain Pump
The drain pump is a key component of dishwashers, and its function is simple: it makes sure that all of the water inside the machine drains correctly. This means that water from your dishes goes down the drain rather than pooling in the bottom or leaving streaks across your glassware.
When Bosch dishwashers display the E25 error code, foreign objects may have found their way into the drain pump. This can occur when hard objects like glass or porcelain is broken and aren’t filtered out by the filter. If that happens, the drain pump will not be able to push the water out of the dishwasher.
Did you know that a dirty dishwasher might cause the drain pump to jam? Food can build up inside of the dishwasher, especially small food particles that get stuck in the bottom of the basin and lower areas of the machine. It may seem like they’re scrubbed away, but if they’re left behind, they could lead to problems later on down the line — like a jammed drain pump.
How To Clean Jammed Drain Pump
When your dishwasher is giving you trouble, it’s best to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. First, shut off the power and water supply to prevent any injuries or flooding while you work on the machine. Then, open the dishwasher door and look inside to see what might be jamming up the drain pump.
After removing the basin’s filter:
- Use the back of a spoon to scoop out any remaining water and food scraps, making sure to wear an oven mitt to protect your hand from any sharp objects.
- Remove the pump cover and the impeller to clean them thoroughly.
Pull out any small bits of food or rust that may be stuck in the pump.
- Turn the pump impeller by hand to remove any stuck or hardened food from the impeller.
- If it turns without resistance, then your pump is clean and you are good to go;
- just replace the cover and test the machine with a cycle and see how it goes.
Clogged Drain Hose
What is the drain pipe for? Like any drainage system, it’s there to make sure that water goes where it needs to. This means getting water out of the bottom of the basket and into the drain in your dishwasher. When a Bosch dishwasher E25 error code is triggered, it’s usually because something is wrong with this drainage system.
Over time, food bits, dirt, and debris can accumulate in your Bosch dishwasher’s filter. This can cause the water to become murky or even to stop draining entirely. That’s why it’s important to give your dishwasher a thorough clean once every few months: to remove any blockages or otherwise clogged drain pipes and restore the device to its former glory.
How To Clean Clogged Drain Hose
- Disconnect the Bosch dishwasher from its power and water supply.
- Open the Bosch Dishwasher door, remove all items in it, then open the top of your Bosch dishwasher by lifting up on it to release any tension that may have built up as a result of opening the dishwasher’s door.
- Using an upward motion with both hands, lift out each foot of the drain hose until you can see them clearly.
- Use caution not to kink or bend these hoses while they are being removed – this could make matters worse!
- Remove any dirt stuck inside either end using a clean cloth dipped in warm soapy water (never use bleach). Never force objects into clogged holes or openings where they may get stuck.
- Insert the Bosch dishwasher drain hose back into place, making sure to tuck them neatly out of sight under the Bosch Dishwasher base so that they do not become damaged or kinked.
- Reattach your Bosch Dishwasher by turning it counterclockwise and pushing in until you feel resistance (do not use excessive force).
- Reinstall all items inside, turn on the power and water supply, run a cycle to make sure the machine is functioning well before using again.
Dishwashers should be cleaned out at least once every three months to keep them in good condition – this will help prevent any build-up of food debris that could clog drain pipes or other parts down the line.
If you’ve been having problems with your Bosch dishwasher that’s displaying a Bosch dishwasher E25 error code, let us know in the comments below and we can go from there.